You are now entering the Jewish Currents archive.
by Jacob Plitman Banner credit: Alex Foley LIKE OUR COUSINS the Elves, we Jews are a crafty, clever and resourceful people. Marooned as many of us are within a Christian-hegemonic superpower, we reach for what is at hand -- ritually, by turning a minor holiday about the Jewish Taliban into a major celebration, and literally, by turning any old piece of shit into a good dang hannukiyah. Let us celebrate some of them good dang hanukiyahs here.
2) Painfully beautiful couple, v in loveCredit: Liana Thomason
3) mnmlst hnnkyhCredit: Emily Ivey
4) Hannukiyahhh mother fuckreYea that's a shemesh cigarette lighting a candle cigarette. The source of this photo added, "for context, I’m in Amman, Jordan and it’s really hard to find Chanukah stuff on the fly."
5) True CraftspersonshipCredit: Sarah Mclain
6) 8 nights of loud-
7) those are cheetosOwner of the photograph would like to assure you that she did not light them on fire. Credit: Natalie Lyons-Cohen - Post yours on our Facebook or Tweet it at us. Jacob Plitman is associate editor of Jewish Currents.
The Many Oblivions of Babi Yar
An ambitious creative team promised to make Kyiv home to the biggest and most impressive Holocaust museum in all of Europe. Before Russia attacked the city, scholars and artists had spent years in pitched disagreement over the vision of the memorial.